a) The major cause of this problem is organizational politics. Everyone needs to be brought back to the same page. This can be obtained by setting goals and objectives together as a team. Secondly, you need to take all the projects and put them through some sort of decision criteria. This will help you choose the projects that are most crucial to your organization.
The underlying issue with your organization is that you do not have clear mission of where the company is going.
- Growth rate for the last two years is approximately 80% each year.
- Unique industry specialists.
- Peter’s entrepreneurial spirit.
- Too many projects on the go.
- Lack of internal communication.
- Conflict of interest.
- A unique product that has niche educational value.
- Well established brand
- Potential loss of industry talent to other companies.
- Increased elements of competition.
- Threat of substitution products.
Do nothing: If you follow this alternative you have potential of loosing key employee’s.
Revise the mission statement: If choose this alternative you can bring the company back into line with everyone on the same page.
Fire some or all your 10 top managers: If you choose this alternative you the potential of loosing valuable assets that can help build your business.
- Develop a new mission defining the company direction with focus on the lower age groups.
- Make sure to develop the new mission with all elements of your management. Guiding Coalition.
- Set out goals and objectives for all areas of your business. Make sure those goals align with your new mission. In addition, all your goals need to be SMART goals.
Hector Gaming Company
1. What is our major problem?
The major problem with the HGC is the organizational politics. There are many internal problems in regards to resource allocation as project managers do not manage its resources effectively and efficiently.
2. Identify some symptoms of the problem?
- Each project manager believes his or her project is more important.
- More projects are not meeting deadlines and are coming in over budget.
- Confusion as to who the target market is.
- Communication among employees is weak.
- No priority teams to prioritize projects
3. What is the major cause of the problem?
One of the major causes is that HGC is growing too fast at a rate 80% a year for the past couple of years. Furthermore, mismanagement is a cause for concern. Sally Peters (founder) seemed “shocked” with the problems that are occurring in the company. This is a sign that she is not paying attention to internal matters.
- Sally Peters should take more of a role to oversee all projects that are currently on the go.
- Implementing a corporate structure for HGC
- Possibly hire an HR director to make sure proper resources are allocated accordingly.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: